The Rising Moon Pack.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rising Moon Pack.

3 posters

Mythical Creature RP

Chast
    Chast

Mythical Creature RP - Page 4 Empty Re: Mythical Creature RP

Post  Chast Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Chast follows the girl into the room and shuts the door behind them, faintly making out the sounds of hooves clopping away. He sighed and noticed that the girl was staring at him.
    "What?"
    "You are a very strange boy."
    He just shrugs.
    "What's your name?" she asks, "My name is Mina."
    "Cha... Chaf. The name's Chaf."
    "Strange boy, strange name. But strange or not, you need to get washed up and changed. You can have a set of my older brother's clothes if you wish."
    "Will he mind?"
    She looked sadly at the floor, "He's dead. Has been for two years."
    "Oh. I'm, uh, sorry."
    She looked back up at him and smiled. "It's alright. The wash pan is in the corner and there's a towel stored under the bed."
    "Thank you." Surprisingly, for perhaps the first time in his life, he actually meant it.
    "Your welcome. I'll leave you to it then, Chaf."

Chast had quite a time as he got ready. First, he had to figure out how he was to get clean from the tiny little tub. He couldn't fit in it. So, he settled on dunking one part of himself in it at a time. He washed his feet, the his arms, then dunked his head in and came up dripping. Usually he was a noble creature, but doing this he felt rediculous! At least he could figure out fairly easily how to use the towel to dry himself. Next came the clothes. He had washed without getting undressed, and he wasn't sure how to get them off to change. The pants were easy, but the shirt was a different story. It was too tight to try and slip over his head, and since he didn't relize that the buttons could be undone, he felt trapped. Then he got an idea! He changed into a small black snake and simply slithered out! He put on a new change of clothes as he congratulated himself at being so clever and getting out of his shirt. So, with wet and mangled hair and only his pants and shirt on, he walked out of the little bedroom thinking he was ready. When Mina saw him she just laughed. When he asked her what was so funny, she just turned him around and marched him back upstairs where she showed him how to comb his hair and put on shoes.
    "Didn't your mother or father ever teach you all this?" she asked.
    "I never knew them." It was true. Dragons hatch fully prepared to take on the world, and often they never meet their parents. He didn't feel left out or sad though. It was completely normal for him. When he was completely ready night had already fallen. Outside there were torches everywhere, and a long table had been set up outside and heaped with food. All the villagers had come out and wanted to introduce themselves to the boy hero. He actually already knew them all. He had watched them for at least a century from his cliff. But he let them go ahead with their introductions. When that was done they set him at the head of the table and told him all the stories he had heard a thousand times from his cliff but he laughed and sighed as if it was the first time he had ever heard them (which, in a way, it was). They asked him where he had come from, and he said "From far away mountains". They asked him why he had come to the village, and he said "Because the road led me here." All the other questions he dodged the same way. The feast continued long into the night, and it must have been nearly morning by the time they were done. Chast waited for the people to go back to their homes, for the right moment to change form and take flight. Just as he was sure they had all gone to bed, he heard someone behind him. It was Mina.
    "Chaf, aren't you going to bed?"
    "Uh... no I'm not. I'm going to be heading out."
    "To where?"
    "I don't know. I guess I'm going wherever I go."
    "Oh..." she looked disappointed. "In that case, I guess I better say goodbye."
    Before Chast knew it, she had reached up on her toes and planted a kiss on his cheek. Wow... And then she was gone.
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Watches as Granite is led out of the house and to where the other villagers were. She watches as they all go to greet him. Then they just start eating.
    "These humans have no idea how to hold a feast. Where's the music? The singing? The dancing? The romping? The playing? The knocking your heads together until you pass out for the little ones?" Mar lays down and takes out a set of reed pipes and begins playing a little tune. Soon she hears a rustle in the bushes behind her. She gets up quickly and turns around to see a human girl. The girl starts to scream, but Mar quickly made a wind whisk her words away.
    Chast
    Chast

Post  Chast Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Don't do it, Chast. Don't do it. Do not do it!
    That was what just about all his mind was screaming at him as he sat in the bushes behind Mina's house. He was watching her work in the garden in their backyard and was considering showing himself. Why? She thought he was gone, the minotaur was dead, the pegacentaury was out of his way for now, and he should go back to his peaceful life on the cliff. What would he say? "Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I lied about leaving, but I will leave shortly."
    No, it was better just to leave now. So why wasn't he changing and getting out of here? He couldn't admit the real reason. He gathered up his courage and stepped forward before he could change his mind. Mina looked up. "Chaf!"
    Oh why hadn't he flown away? Here he was, the most powerful beast in the realm, and he was terrified of this girl. And yet, like an imbecile, he just stood there. "Uh... uh..."
    She ran up to him and hugged him "I thought you had left!"
    "I, uh, did. But I guess I wanted to come back."
    "I'm so glad you did! I'll have Mom set up the spare bedroom for you! Please say you'll stay!"
    Again, like an idiot, he did exactly what he shouldn't have done.
    "Sure, I'll stay."
    As she skipped inside the house, Chast smacked his forehead. Way to go
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:51 pm

When the girl's mouth stopped moving, Mar made the wind stop.
    "What are you?" the girl whispered.
    "Well, I'm a pegacentaury, of course."
    "A pega-ma-whaty?"
    "Peg-a-cen-taury," Mar sounded out.
    "What's that?"
    "It's a mix between a pegasis, a centaur, and a fairy."
    "What's your name?"
    "Mar. What's yours?"
    "Plink."
    "Plink? They should have named you treka bird, you shrieked so loud. That's it! You are Treka."
    "What are you doing here?"
    "Well, there was this guy who could... oh no!" Before the girl knew what was happening she was on Mar's back. Mar went around the back of the house the minotaur had been slayed in. Mar set the girl down. "Promise to stay here? right here?" Treka nodded. "Word of honor?"
    "Word of honor."
    "Good." Mar went up to the back door and poked her head inside. "Granite?"

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chast
    Chast

Post  Chast Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:56 pm

When Mar stuck her head inside, Mina turned around and started to scream before Chast could do anything. He clamped his hand over her mouth before her mother could come running. "Get out of here! Now! Haven't I told you you only scare them?!"
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:40 am

"Well, I've got a little problem." She brings Treka forward.
    Chast
    Chast

Post  Chast Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:17 am

He looks at Treka... then at Mina... then groans. "You have a real knack for annoying me," he said as he took his hand away from Mina's mouth. "Um... Mina, this is an... aquaintance of mine. She won't hurt you unless you swallow her." Mina just stands there shocked, with her mouth open. "Now what do you need, pegacentaur? Have you kiddnapped that girl?"
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:31 am

"No! I just... don't know what to do with her. She knows I'm here now. What do I do?"
    Chast
    Chast

Post  Chast Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:03 pm

"That kid is your problem now! Arg! This whole thing is not turning out well." He turns to Mina, who is still just staring, shocked. "Mina, I would totally understand if you want to just go upstairs to your mom and forget this happened. And Mar, Get. Out. Of. HERE!"
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Swipes Treka up on her back and gallops away from the house. After they are a few miles away, Mar lets Teka down. Mar herself then lays down and rolls onto her back. "Ugh. Today has not been a good day." She looks over at the terrified Treka. "Hey," Mar says as she rolls onto her side. "Don't be scared. I'll get you home."
    "Don't want to go home." A little voice came from the girl.
    "What? Why not?"
    "It's not a good place."
    "Oh. I guess we'll just stay here then. It should be a warm night."
    Chast
    Chast

Post  Chast Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Chast turns back to Mina after Mar and the little girl leave.
    "Um... Chaf... did, uh...."
    "Yeah."
    "Oh."
    "Do you want to forget about it?"
    "Uh... no, it's okay. What just happened?"
    "A little pain-in-the-tail pegacentaury has been following me around. She got a little in over her head and I guess she needed me to tell her what to do."
    "Oh. Um... do you have any other friends I should know about?"
    He think about all the mosters he's seen over the years, then remembers that he is one too.
    "No not really. I'm hungry. Are you hungry? Let's go get smething to eat."
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:45 pm

In the morning Mar wakes up first. As she gazes at the little figure beside her, she wonders what she could possibly do with a small human. She should be raised by her own kind. Maybe she could find others. A plan begins to form in her mind. She must find other villages, but where could they be? The Angels would know. That is where they will head first. Make that second. They lived on a high mountain and Mar and Treka would need supplies. They would get them at Mar's village. Mar woke up Treka and, with Treka on Mar's back, they started off.
    Chast
    Chast

Post  Chast Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:57 pm

After having a calming cup of herb tea in the kitchen with Mina, and after her making clear how one got ready for bed, Chast said good night, blew out the candle in his room, and snuck out the window. Ah... fresh air. Time for a stretch. He jumped off the window sill and expanded into his natural dragon form, then swooped off into the night. He flew to the forest, where he killed and ate mice like popcorn. Or jelly beans. Then he returned to his cliff above the village. He rested for an hour or two, then returned to the house. He changed into a human, scampered into his room, and waited for dawn.
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:44 pm

"Okay. You stay here while I go get the supplies. I won't be long." Mar and Treka were outside Mar's village. Mar slipped into her hut, filled her bags with supplies and slipped back out. She returned to Treka and they headed towards the mountains.
    Chast
    Chast

Post  Chast Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:59 pm

The next morning, Chast was awoken from a light doze by a strange, sweet smell entering his room. He dressed as quickly as he could in the same clothes as he had worn yesterday and scampered downstairs. Something soft and square looking was being set on the kitchen table by Mina. Chast took a big whiff of its scent.
    "What is that?"
    "Bread, of course!"
    "Bread... can I have some?"
    "Haha yes you may! It's kind of dry... later I may make some blueberry bread. That will be great!"
    Chast took one of the slices of bread Mina had cut and munched it.
    "Hey, where's your mom?"
    "She's out helping a sick neighbor. She said she probably wouldn't be back until late afternoon. And I'll be out looking for some wild blueberry bushes.
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:12 am

"Okay. It's time for a rest." Mar sets Treka down on the grass of the plains at the base of the mountains. "The Angels live on that peak," she said, pointing to one of the larger peaks. I'm hoping to get to the base of that mountain by sundown."
    "Tell me of the Angels again," Treka asked quietly.
    "I've only seen them once before. They have wings like doves. They wear white robes. They're quite beautiful. And smart, of course. It is said they know every movement of the stars. Some say they know everything, but some say they learn new things every day. I have never seen their cities. They are said to be as big as mountains themselves. Here," Mar handed Treka a fruit. "Have a snack before we move on."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:09 pm